"You find yourself the last survivor of a post-apocalyptic event...alone and desolate on a strange alien planet, your ships core needs repairing. You have managed to make a basic fire with the local purple grass...oh that grass you see it move sometimes in a strangely lively manner. What is in that grass!? Oh why did I have to crash on this godforsaken planet! I hope I can survive this..."
72hour GMC JAM01 - Idea: Post-Apocalyptic - Theme: Everybody is dead.
[Arrow keys] = movement
[Q] = Dash
[W] = Interact or Use. Pick up plants, Fuel fire, Repair space ship core.
[E] = Attack (Shoot from far or Melee when close)
[R] = Shoot (if you have Ammo)
How to play:
You need to survive, while collecting parts to repair your space ship's core. Keep fueling your fire, by collecting grass and using it close by fire. While adventuring in the strange alien world, you need to fend off alien beasties.
Platform: Game Maker Studio
1. Lead Programmer and Assistant artist - Morne Booysen (aka Boysano)
2. Lead Artist and Assistant programmer - Bernard Potgieter
3. Lead Musician - Marius Schutte
4. Additional GUI art - Yal
This is a WIP game, and not complete and not balanced. I will be updating it as I get time to tinker on.
Grey Fall Hunter v0 :
Long term goal to focus more on hunter and gathering survival, and then some interesting enemies. Not so much crafting, maybe upgrades. Exploring an interesting planet seems more fun these days. Current version has no real mobs, since it is more important for me to get core test engine working.
- This is a new version with polished combat, and split melee and shooting input controls over 4 buttons.
- Better animation, with 4 directional movement and attacks and shooting.
- Plants can be picked for food. Sleep in bed (sleeping bag) to replenish health.
- Added health bars, since it helps me not have obtrusive HUD GUI.
Grey Fall Hunter v0.1 :
- Added GUI, with scaling and cool shader and Fog Of War shadow effect.
- Added chickens, and collecting spares gives bullets.
- Hold down [R] to aim before shooting by releasing [R]
- Added 2 music tracks, total 3 which will loop.